07 June 2009

Row Counters

I have great news for you all! CrimsonOrchid, a mother-daughter company based in Canada, has agreed to provide the most wonderful row counters for you all to use on your perfect knitting bags. Whether you purchase a bag that I make or you use the pattern to make one yourself, I know you will use these lovely counters. You all clamored for a row counter to be included, so a row counter you shall have. And those plastic ones just wouldn't do, now would they?

So we are in the final planning stages on these, and we would lov
e to hear your input. There are two styles that we can look at, discuss, and come to agreement on (I hope) as being the perfect accessory to be part of our "perfect" knitting bags!

  • Green Row Counter:
An abacus for your knitting or crochet project. A stylish way to keep track of your rows with a beautiful and functional accessory.

This unique hand-crafted row counter is made of a flexible silver plated wire and features emerald green glass beads to compliment the clear glass beads. The focal be
ad is a beautiful furnace glass bead with pale green interior and dark green stripes and is set between two silver plated beads. The clear beads represent a count of one and the green beads represent a count of ten. The band for counting each row is made up of 4 Swarovski crystals in Emerald green and silver plated beads. Once ten rows are completed, the counting band is moved back up to the top of the clear beads to start over and the lobster clasp on the green beads is moved down one bead to represent a count of ten having been completed. This unique accessory allows for up to 99 rows of knitting to be counted. Instructions are included.

  • Pink Row Counter:
An abacus for your knitting or crochet project. A stylish way to keep track of your rows with a beautiful and functional accessory.

This unique hand-crafted row counter is made of a strong nylon cord in pale pink and features pink striped glass beads to compliment the frosted white glass beads. The focal bead is a beautiful furnace glass bead with white interior and pink stripes and is set between two silver plated beads. The clasps for counting is made of Swarovski crystals, silver plated beads and silver plated lobster clasps. This unique accessory allows for up to 99 rows of knitting to be counted. Instructions are included.


Our options:
  1. attached at the bottom, or each strand hanging free
  2. flexible but sturdy nylon cording, or metal strand for beads
  3. lobster clasps, crystal bands, or one of each for moving past beads
Each counter will match the color of the bag that I attach it to, and these ladies are so fun to work with and so amenable to suggestions or to special requests, you can make sure it matches the bag that you make, too!

Please leave your thoughts, opinions, other ideas, or just your astonishment at the beauty of these counters. We're looking forward to your input!

10 comments:

  1. Okay... (I'm a pest, I know; just try to get rid of me!) My only opinion is that the crystal bands are much cuter than the lobster clasp. The nylon cord might be sturdier than the metal, but I really have no clue about that part. These are lovely (and terribly useful).

    -Hook and Needle Girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Howdy, I like the lobster clasps, attached at the bottom and nylon cording. Good luck, Nance

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a bracelet that works the same way. It uses elastic bands to slide over the beads, and they are much prettier than the lobster clasps.

    PS- I love those green glass beads!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are really pretty! I like the green one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the row counter idea. These are beautiful. I would think that the nylon cord would but sturdier, but you would be in a better position to determine that. I like them attached at the bottom. Not sure whether the crystal band or lobster claw is more functional, but I trust your judgement. The crystal band is prettier though.

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. hannahsnana said:
    I am still having trouble getting my post to work! I love the row counters, they make an already useful item very easy to keep handy! They are beautiful too!

    You are doing a great job with this whole venture! All AAA’s from me!

    Penni
    (hannahsnana)


    (thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for the compliments. This is such a wonderful venture for me! ~Jenn)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just saw this concept in a bracelet format last week at my weekly knitting group. Another lady had made something like this. What a fabulous idea -Best of luck in your venture.
    My thoughts...
    A) I'd make it so it can hang down or be connected to form a circle that can slip over the wrist so the end user can use it to suit them best. So I see a clasp at one end & a ring at the opposite end.
    B)This suggests a stretchy cord to slip over a wrist.
    C)Maybe a cute knitting charm attached to the ring so it has "purpose" no matter how item is used.
    D) The slide ring is better, as the clasp could possible remove itself inside a project bag or get lost. Fewer removeable pieces - the better. Also those with fine motor issues would find slipping/pushing a band over a bead easier than trying to unhook a small clasp -this supports all of your core group end users.
    E) The beads that represent a "10-count" should be bigger than the "1-count" beads for easy distintion between the purpose of each row.
    Good luck to you all!

    Levi

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the row counter. I think the nylon cord would work better because the metal wire could get caught on something. They both are beautiful.

    Knittingdancer on Ravelry

    ReplyDelete
  9. i also put in a vote for the lobster clasp attachment and nylon cording for ease of use!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love these! I have a row counter bracelet which is fine, but I'm not big on it. This makes much more sense - and they're CUTE!

    ReplyDelete