24 May 2009

What You Want in a Bag- Pockets 1

So, you all want pockets. Some of you want very particular pockets. Very, very particular. :) It makes me happy to read your pocket wants, because I am very much a pocket girl. In my time in the emergency clinic, I sewed myself and all of the other technicians waist strap-on pockets, basically they were the dreaded fanny pack, because scrubs don't have enough room (and they start to sag when you over-pack them).

I hear you about the pockets. 3 days' worth of this outline series will be dedicated to them. If we all agree about handles, we kinda don't agree about pockets. But that's ok, because I think we will all LOVE the ideas that we've generated here. So, here's pockets: day 1- removable pouches.

We need removable pouches. That is the conclusion that I have come to. We need a pouch for our notions, we need a needle case specific to our knitting preferences, we need to have a little case for darning needles, and we need my surprise knitting pouch. That will have to wait until the final rollout of the "perfect" bag, but I promise you a revolution in your stranded knitting and even in your simple one-skein wonders.

The thing I'd like to know from you, my darling readers, is whether you'd like to have pouches for your mp3 players and cell phones, and whether you'd be interested in a matching wallet or business card holder. So, respond here about that or anything about removable pouches. And don't forget to enter the raffle if you haven't done so yet. It costs you nothing but a few minutes' time, and you may win a "perfect" knitting bag of your very own!!!

1 comment:

  1. Everything sounds great regarding pockets so far. See-through or clear pockets are the best. Yea, I would want a pocket for me cell. I dont have an mp3, but sounds like a good idea. A wallet type removable thing to put money, pics and credit cards etc would be really cool.
    THANX!
    suziblues2000@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete