24 May 2009

What You Want in a Bag- Pockets 2

Yesterday I told you about the removable pouches that will come with the "perfect" knitting bag. Today let's talk about the pockets we will find inside the bag...

  • specific slots for essentials: pen, dry-erase marker, pencil, crochet hook, measuring tape, needle gauge, *knitting* glasses. I imagine these all next to each other with a simple flap over top to protect our project from snagging on them. I also see them high on the inside of the bag, so we have easy access to them.
  • see-through pockets: I'm looking into finding a good see-through fabric. This was one of the ideas that I would never have come up with on my own. You really are having a great impact on the design of the "perfect" knitting bag!!!
  • more full-length magnetic-closing pockets, wide enough to get our hands into. I hate turning a bag upside-down to get something clear of a pocket, don't you?
  • specific scissor pocket with snap closure and scissor leash. I'm waiting to hear from a lovely row-counter beaded accessory maker to work on having your row counter on your scissor leash.
  • divider pocket that doubles as a pattern/ magazine/ book holder. This pocket will divide the bag into your purse-type stuff and your knitting stuff, or into two knitting projects. It will be at least legal-size, and will have a ring clip so your pattern can hang easily from the outside of the bag and then -whoosh- back into the bag for the pick-up-and-go gals among you who ride the bus, or live with kids, or just have a life. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment